Should I Get Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I'm sixteen. I am going to have some type nose surgery soon because I have a deviated septum. I was wondering if I could be a candidate to get an upper blepharoplasty when I get the other surgery. Or even if I should consider it at all with my eyes. My one eye is more hooded so could I get it done on one eye? And how much would it cost if I combined it with the other surgery?

Should I Get Blepharoplasty?

+2

No! Just correct the nose/septum ONLY! As you read from ALL of us expert posters you are NOT a candidate for any eyelid surgery. 

No to the Bleph

+2

The simple answer is no.  The pictures do not show me any indication that you have skin/fat/muscle laxity of your eyelids.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Blepharoplasty and nose surgery at 16?

+2

You do not need a blepharoplasty and minor asymmetry of the upper lids is normal.  If the nose bothers you then it is reasonable to seek having it treated.

Eyelid surgery

+1

I agree with the other doctors- you do not need eyelid surgery.  There may be some minor differences in the appearance or position of your left and right eyelids, but there is no indication for surgery in this case.  Good luck!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty at 16

+1

Based on your photos, you are not a candidate for a blepharoplasty.  You are also too young for that type of surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Blepharoplasty at 16

+1

You do have slightly more fullness on the side you mention.  However, the difference is very small. Therefore, you would have surgery, which can have complications, to get a very small benefit at best.

Blepharoplasty at 16? No

+1

This is a very easy question to answer.  There are no indications or reasons to consider this elective cosmetic eyelid surgery at age 16.  If a 30 year old patient showed these photos, the answer would be the same.  The procedure must match the indications and be suitable for the patient seeking treatment.  A Blepharoplasty at age 16 would not offer any benefit and introduce unnecessary risk.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty candidate at 16?

+1

While it certainly is possible to have rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty done at the same time, in my opinion, I would not recommend the blepharoplasty.  First of all, at your age of 16, there will still be some changes that occur to your eyes as you become an adult.  I do see the difference that you mention, but I think your result would be subtle at this point and not worth the trouble and risk of the surgery to your eyes.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon