6 Months Post Blepharoplasty- Results Are Lacking And Redness Remains. Normal?

I had lower blepharoplasty surgery in July (6 months ago) and not only have I not seen any progress with the lines/bags under my eyes, but I've had redness around both eyes that seems to be getting worse instead of fading away.

6 months a fair time to wait for improvement following eyelid surgery.

+1

No pictures here so it is impossible to be more specific.  It is reasonable to see your surgeon and see what they advise.  Occasionally you may find that your chemistry with the surgeon is not at the same place and this can make it difficult to feel like the surgeon can contribute further to help your situation.  If that is the case, you might consider seeking some second opinions.

Persistent redness after blepharoplasty

+1

It is impossible to render a meaningful opinion without a clinical exam or even pictures. You absolutely need to follow closely with a facial plastic  or occuloplastic surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment. Lack of cosmetic result may be subjective but persistent erythema or induration which is worsening 6 months after the procedure is not typical and requires evaluation.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon