Does Lower Blepharoplasty Cause Swelling on Top of Cheek Area?

I had lower bleph 14 days ago and now noticed that I have raised welts in the upper cheek area. This makes my undeye look hollow and like a bag. It is normal to swell in this area? If this does not go away is thier something that I might be able to do in a revision?

Swelling after Lower Eyelid Lift

+1

There is always some swelling or fluid retention after surgery is performed, regardless of the technique or location of the procedure. In the face, there are typical collection zones for extra swelling and tissue fluid. In the eye area, swelling collects in a region called malar bags, cheek bags, or festoons. This is located where the eye socket meets the cheek bone. This swelling is normal and will improve in time. Ensuring that you eat a low salt diet will help reduce fluid retention in that area. Sometimes light massage over the bags out toward the ear can help push out the fluid. I would wait at least 8-12 weeks after surgery before deciding if anything further should be done.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Blepharoplasty Cause Swelling Cheek Area?

+1

Following a lower eyelid blepharoplasty, there is always swelling of the eyelids that migrates inferiorly to the cheek area. Fourteen days post surgery is still considered in the immediate postoperative period. The degree of swelling varies from person to person and procedure to procedure. With time, weeks to months, the swelling should gradually reduce and abate.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling in the cheek area after lower blepharoplasty

+1

What you are describing is very common after lower blepharoplasty. It may take 2-3 months to resolve, depending on what type of lower eyelid surgery was performed. I recommend patience.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Malar bags

+1

The swelling you are describing is not uncommon.  You should check with your ps, he may recmmend steroids, or not.  Too early to talk about revision.

Upper cheek swelling following lower blepharoplasty

+1

This is fairly common in an area we call the malar fold. This area tends to act like a sponge, attracting and retaining edema from any source. Do not worry, this will go away in a few weeks.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon