Blepharoplasty Surgery 3 Months Ago. One Eye is Wide Open and the Other is Sagging? (photo)

I had eyelid / muscle surgery for sagging/drooping eyelids almost three months ago. Now, I regret it so much. One eye is wide open and the other is sagging. Help. All I had was a mild ptosis issue, and now..

Ptosis repair

+1

Any ptosis repair is a delicate and experience needed endeaver. It is first of utmost importance to properly diagnosis the problem, as levator aponeurosis dehiscence can be mimicked by other conditions. Most surgeons recommend a slight over-correction at the the time of initial repair that may settle down in the first two months to a perfect alignment. The answer to your concerns can only be gotten by a close first-hand examination by a highly reputable occuloplastic surgeon.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis following blepharoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing following surgery. You are still early in the recovery period, and I would give it a little bit of time before you jump to any conclusions. Additional drooping of the eyelid is a potential side effect of blepharoplasty surgery. Have you spoken with your surgeon about the issue? He or she may be able to provide some insight on the problem you are having. If you are not satisfied with what they have to say, you may want to get a second opinion from a board certified oculoplastic surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Ptosid after surgery

+1

Your post op photo shows left eyelid ptosis. I can not tell from preop photo if this was present before surgery or not. The left eyelid is easy to correct with ptosis repair. but wait at least 6 months after surgery to consider any form of repair.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Post-blepharoplasty asymmetry

+1

Many patients begin with asymmetry and become more aware of it postoperatively.  You may need a small revision.  I suggest that you return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Asymmetric eyes after blepharoplasty

+1

It appears that you still have some ptosis on your left side.  Did you have ptosis repair with your blepharoplasty or was it just the blepharoplasty?  If you haven't already, I would return to your surgeon to be evaluated.  It's possible that a revision procedure on your left eye could improve it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon