Blepharoplasty at the Same Time As Enlarging Nose Bridge?

It was unanimous that I should not have the epicanthoplasty and the Rhinoplasty simultaneously. What about having Blepharoplasty and the nose bridge enlargement simultaneously? One doctor was okay with doing these together, but I would appreciate other opinions too. Has anyone done these together and how were the results? If I want to do the blepharoplasty before the rhinoplasty, is waiting several weeks before the rhinoplasty sufficient time? The blepharoplasty is more important to me, but I would like to get both and want to be presentable for school in September. Thanks.

Both procedures can be done at the same time

+1

Performing a rhinoplasty and a blepharoplasty simultaneously is of no concern. We perform that combination very frequently in our surgery center. It is perfectly acceptable to perform an upper lid blepharoplasty and nasal surgery at the same time under one anesthetic with the simultaneous two-week recovery time.

Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty

+1

I respectfully disagree with the advice you have been given, not to do both procedures simultaneously. I frequently do this; the last time was yesterday. It is best to do the blepharoplasty first because the eyes may become swollen during the rhinoplasty procedure. Whenever possible, it is better to have one surgery and one recovery. Usually, it is also less expensive for the patient.

Different ideas

+1

Hi,

You said it was unanimous but here is a different point of view.

There should be no problem with performing a rhinoplasty with eyelid surgery of any kind at the same setting or time. The only suggestion would be to do the rhinoplasty first followed by the eyelid surgery.

Ideally you should find an expert in each field and ideally they would both operate at the same hospital so that you can get the best of both worlds and get all done with one anesthesia. Ideally but not everything is always ideal.

If you are going to do the eyelids first then I would wait about 3 months before doing the nose. If you are going to do the nose first, you should be able to get the eyelids done as soon as a month later. Thats just my preference. Each surgeon will be different.

Good luck

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Blepharoplasty

+1

Hyannis,

The rhinoplasty procedure can be combined with Blepharoplasty at the same time, as one surgery should not affect the other. Usually, the Blepharoplasty is done first and then the rhinoplasty. This is because the lower eyelids can swell after the rhinoplasty is done.

If your surgeon is hesitant in doing both procedures at the same time, you can proceed with the Blepharoplasty first 9 since it is more important to you) and then have the rhinoplasty done four to six weeks later.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty with Rhinoplasty should be okay

+1

Having a blepharoplasty and a rhinoplasty at the same time should not be a problem. I have personally done this on my patients and have not had any complications.

John Diaz, MD