Surgeon Not Experienced Enough for Eyelid Surgery?

My plastic surgeon had only one before and after picture of an upper eyelid surgery. He is board certified, and in his early 50's, but I am worried that he doesn't have much experience with this procedure. He was supposed to e-mail me before and after pictures but didn't. Then on the second consultation, he had only one picture on his camera (it looked like he did a good job). I believe that is why he may need up to 3 hours to do the procedure. He claims he does about 1 eyelid surgery a month. Can I say he's not experienced enough?

Eyelid surgery experience

+2

When it comes to having surgery, make sure you're comfortable with you plastic surgeon. If you're concerned about the number of pictures, ask him why he didn't email you more. You may want to talk to some of his former patients. If you're still not comfortable, you may want to talk with a few other plastic surgeons. This way, you'll get a feeling of what kind of surgeon youj'll want to do your surgery. Good luck!

Time for a second opinion

+2

Plastic surgeons have many differen types of practices. Some do more body some do more facial procedures. I would be concerned if a surgeon couldn't show you at least 20 good before and after cases for any type of surgery that they do. I think it's time to seek for a 2nd opinion.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgeon not experienced enough for eyelid surgery

+1
if you are in doubt about your surgeon for any reason, this is not a good sign. It is normal to have some nervousness before surgery, but lack of confidence in your plastic surgeon is not a good sign. An experienced plastic surgeon should have multiple photos of the procedure you are considering.  

Start a new search. look for a plastic surgeon who can provide many, many examples of the surgery you are considering. Look at the training and education of the plastic surgeon who are considering.

During a consultation, be sure you are comfortable and confident with your plastic surgeon understand your goals

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/lower-eyelid-surgery.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon