Blepharoplasty: What is Normal Swelling and Recovery in the Are Where Medial Fat is Removed? (photo)

What is normal swelling and recovery in the are where medial fat is removed? I just had upper eyelid surgery 2 weeks ago. I still see puffiness where the medial fat was removed in my left eye. This was one of the primary reasons I had the surgery.

Blepharoplasty: What is Normal Swelling and Recovery in the Are Where Medial Fat is Removed?

+1

Healing is very unpredictable event. Generally after blepharoplasty a eek should be enough, but I have seen swelling lasts months. Best to discuss with your surgeon. 

Blepharoplasty and swelling

+1

It is common to have swelling after a blepharoplasty that could last several months.  Most swelling will go down after 3 weeks.

+1

Asymmetric swelling is fairly common at 2 weeks.  At 6 weeks you will have a better idea of the result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA