Blepharoplasty Healing Progress After 2 Weeks - is This Final Result? (photo)

Hello, I had surgery 15 days ago. Excess skin was removed on upper lids, while lower lids were cut open and only herniated fat was removed (no skin removal). Now, my question is: are these final results or can I expect improvement? My concern in upper lids is that I feel that maybe more of the skin should have been removed (I wanted a more pronounced crease) and my lower lids cast a shadow almost the same as prior to surgery. Is there some residual swelling? Do you see anything "ouf of place"?

Blepharoplasty Healing Progress After 2 Weeks - is This Final Result?

+2

Appears as an excellent EARLY result. Maybe for expectations are not matching the time it takes to heal - like 3 months! 

Blepharoplasty

+2

Thank you for your question. Healing after a blepharoplasty may take weeks to months. Your early results look very nice. Follow your post op instructions and good  luck.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

+2

You have a nice early result, and there is still swelling present.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Final Result from Blepharoplasty?

+2

It will be weeks before you see the final result.  The incisions take 6 weeks to get as strong as they are going to. You will continue healing as the scars fade.  Follow your Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions for a great result!  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

No conclusions about outcome two weeks after blepharoplasty.

+1

From the photographs I see absolutely nothing to worry about. The appearance and function of the eyes will change over the next several weeks.

Blepharoplasty results

+1

You have a lot of swelling being that you are only two weeks out, and your eyes look quite nice. Give it more time to heal.

Blepharoplasty Results

+1

It will take up to 3 months after blepharoplasty surgery for all the swelling to go away and the eyelid tissues settle in. Give it that amount of time before doing a final critical analysis

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You are still early into the healing process.

+1

Judging by your photos, it looks like you are going to have a very nice result.  You are still very early into the healing process.  Even though the sutures were removed and the incisions are closed, there is still a great amount of healing that needs to occur.

Two weeks is still very early.  You should wait at least a couple of more weeks to assess your upper lids and possibly another month to assess the lower lids (which typically can hold onto swelling for that long).  Any shadowing of the lower lids, may also be from subtle bruising that is still resolving.  If you're concerned you should speak with your surgeon, but overall I expect you will get a great result.

Michael Ondik, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

You will not see a

+1

At two months you should have a pretty good idea of what surgery accomplished.  I predict that your eyebrows will come down as you heal and your will feel that the upper hoods are even more heavy or no difference from where you started from.  Right now, swelling in the upper eyelid appears to make them ptotic or heavy.  This is most often from  post-surgical swelling.  I say most often because in 5% of cases or so that consult me, the eyelid ends up ptotic after cosmetic surgery for a variety of reasons including direct surgical trauma to the levator aponeurosis, the tendon that supports the upper eyelid.  Once you have healed, if you feel that the hooding is persisting, I suggest you consider a forehead lift.