Can Blepharoplasty Give Me the Look of Brow Bones? (Photo)

I'm 17 years old and have quite low eyebrows, they sit on my actual brow bone and I'm assuming since my brows are quite low its giving me the hooded eye affect or I may have slight excess skin/fat. Photo is not me but very similar. Is it possible that the procedure could give me a brow bone instead of pudgy eyelids due to excess skin/fat. Is it possible the surgeon can take out most of the fat from my eyelids to show my brow bones? Is there another procedure I can have?

Possible blepharoplasty for 17 year old

+1

An examination of you would be needed to determine if you might be a candidate for surgery or not.  I would say it would be unusual for a 17 year old to need surgery of the brows or upper eyelids however.  As you age naturally, your issue may improve.  It's also possible that having surgery now could negatively impact your appearance later when you are older.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would strongly advise you against having upper eyelid surgery!

+1

Yes your brow is somewhat low.  Removing the upper eyelid fold which is generally what is done as an upper blepharoplasty will actually cause your brow to fall further.  To overcome that, surgeons compensate by removing as much upper eyelid fold skin as possible which can skeletonize the upper eyelid.  You have prominent eyes, skeletonizing the upper eyelid will make the eyes look buggy. Please be careful out there.

Video imaging a good way to figure out how eyelid surgery will turn out.

+1

It's difficult from your description to know exactly what you're after. Video imaging will give you a good idea of what an operation might accomplish and how close that is to what you want.

Can Upper Blepharoplasty Define the Orbital Rim

+1

Upper blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and orbital fat.  Excess fat around the orbital rim can be contoured as desired as well during an upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  An in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery will provide you with the information that is required for you to make an informed decision.

Philip E. Fleming, MD