Blepharoplasty or Fillers for 20 Years Old with Puffy Bags? (photo)

I am 20 years old and unfortunately due to hereditary causes, I have really big puffy bags under my eyes which ages me significantly. What are your suggestions? It really just ruins the rest of my face and makes me look years older. I need a solution please!

Filler to mask lower lid can be very rewarding

+1

Filler in the area where the lower eyelid meets the cheek can be a very rewarding procedure. Many young individuals have a problem of lower lid bags and the appearance of a separation between the lower lid and the cheek. It becomes more accentuated as time passes. This can be very nicely improved with a filler.

I prefer Restylane for this area. Many patients have no idea this is even an option and think they have to have surgery or live with the problem. Individuals of most ages can benefit from carefully placed filler. I often place a small amount of filler on more than one visit to ensure a nice cosmetic result without going overboard and getting an accentuation of puffiness. Patients who are nervous to treat this area are usually comforted by the fact that Restylane is completely reversible with a simple dissolving injection.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty or Fillers for 20 Years Old with Puffy Bags?

+1

Blepharoplasty or upper eyelid surgery based on the photos.  There are patients that have lower eyelid bags in their teens and early twenties and you appear to be in that category.  Fillers will only add volume and feather the lower edge of the fat bags.

Hate the Bags under my Eyes, what should I do?`

+1

This is a common problem that many people start to experience as they age, unfortunately you have developed this earlier than most. It is difficult to tell if surgery is appropriate without a consultation, but a quick and easy yet temporary fix is placing a filler in this area. I typically use Restalyne, 1-2 cc's , in this "trough" to help camouflage this area. The results can be dramatic and last 1-2 years. I would "STRONGLY" advise against any permanent filler (silicone) in this area as results may look good in the short term, but invariably the permanent filer will be pushed to the surface by your skin, it may take 10-15 years but it will happen. Thanks and good luck.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid issues

+1

DO NOT PLACE SILICONE IN YOUR FACE!  This is permanent and I have seen a lot of patients with poorly placed material or material that is visible as they age. I have even seen inflammatory reactions leading to redness that is permanent!  If this area bothers you, and you have a tear torugh issue, absorbable fillers like restylane while not permanent can give a nice  result for several months to a year at a time.

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may lead to improvement in the appearance of your lower eyelids.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have fairly common lower eyelid grooves, just below your puffiness. Based on what I see, blepharoplasty surgery would not be my first choice.

I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nice low res image!

+1

You would probably do great with carefully performed filler service.  Eyelid surgery may be an option for you but this has to be assessed in a personal consultation.