What is Best Option for Under Eyebags?

I am 25 and I have bags under my lower lid and i hate them! I have seen few surgeons in London some said Blepharoplasty or Filler in the Tear Trough? I am really confused what I should do! This is genetic and my mum and dad have them as well also few other member of the family has them too! Can you please suggest me what is the best option for me! thanks

Filler is usually a good option for eye bags

+1

It is difficult to tell without looking at you, but for a young age, filler is usually the best option.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Surgery or fillers are good options for you

+1
There are lots of options! Under eye bags are typically due to herniated fat tissue in the lower eyelid region. However, this area can also look aged due to extra skin as well as skin irregularities. Traditionally, under eye bags have been dealt with surgically with a procedure called blepharoplasty. However, with fillers today, other options include camouflage in the office with injectable fillers. Choosing the best option is best determined by consulting with a qualified facial plastic surgeon. 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye bags in a 25 year old.

+1

It all depends on the severity of the bags. If all you have is a depression in the tear trough area then a filler can camouflage this depression.  However, if you do truly have excess fat causing the bags, then you will need a transconjuctival blepharoplasty which removes fat through an incision on the inside of the lower eyelid.  This will not leave a visible scar.

M. Keith Hanna, MD

It is very simple.

+1

If your lower eyelid bag is small enough for filler, that is the way to go.  The filler, and we are talking Restylane here, will last 1-2 years before it wears off enough to warrant retreatment.  It is important to go to someone who knows what they are doing.  Also there is an enzyme called hyaluronidase that can be used to touch up the treatment.

Lower eyelid surgery will take away volume.  Typically know this is done as an arcus marginalis release with preservation of the lower eyelid fat.  However, the fat is really an innocent bystander.  So the filler is a great option for a young person like yourself.