Is It Possible To Have Revision Blepharoplasty to Fix Asymmetry?

I had a lower blepharoplasty done by and ENT doctor I was working for while serving in the Air Force.He did the incision on the skin right above my lower eyelashes.I did not get the normal recovery time that other patients would have got because I worked for the doctor. The procedure was free so I didn;t complain. Years have past since the procedure. My eyes are very assymetrical and I would like to get it fixed. Is this possible?

Yes you do have asymmetry.

+1

But gosh you look pretty darn good also.  I guess my best advise for your is be careful what you look for.  You might be even more disappointed with a second surgery.  Considering how good you appear to look in these photos, I would caution you about surgery.  Sure surgery can make you look better but sometimes that is not the only outcome.  I would recommend you get some consults with well qualified surgeons in your area.  Don't rush and carefully consider what you are being told before make your decision.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Lower eyelids revision is possible

+1

From your photo, it looks like the right lower lid rides much higher than the left. Based on examination in person, it would seem from the photos alone that revision should be possible. Your short recovery time probably did not make a significant difference in your end result.

Palm Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision Eyelid Surgery is possible, yet challenging

+1

The eyelid revision is certainly possible. However, there are many subtleties that need to be recognized, including brow position, fat hollowing, eyelid crease asymmetry, and eyelid position itself.

There are different techniques and approaches to addressing the above and choosing a surgeon with significant experience/expertise in these procedures is very important.

General plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons may have experience in this area, however, Oculoplastic surgeons usually limit their practice to eyelids and brows almost exclusively. You can find one close to you by going the asoprs.org site to find a surgeon.

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Revision surgery on lower eyelids may be possible

+1

I would need to see closeup pictures of your lower eyelids, or better yet, actual physical examination of your lower eyelids, to tell you what can be done to make them look better.  However, generally speaking, it should be possible to revise your lower eyelids to make them look better.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an expert opinion.

Blepharoplasty asymmetry

+1

Can you send close up photos of your eyes?  Also, how long ago was your original surgery?

Blepharoplasty for asymmetry

+1

Based on your first photo, the amount of asymmetry appears to be a normal amount. We all are asymmetric to some extent and, based solely on the photo, would likely recommend that you hold against additional surgery on the eyelids at this point.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon