Why is There Such a Difference in Cost for Blepharoplasty?

Wide range of fees for Blepharoplasty

+6
Interestingly, some of the people who have paid the most for their blepharoplasty eyelid surgery don't appear as they had surgery at all. And, that's the point, to make the patient look his or her best, but to make the result look natural.
I spend a lot of time seeing patients with 'overdone" blepharoplasties that have left them hollow below the eye or on the eyelid. This can often be corrected. I often use fat grafting to fill inn hollows around eyes.
But, it is far better and typically less expensive to get it done right the first time. The most expensisve doctor may or may not be the best, but the lowest priced doc, offering a special or limited time offer is almost certainly not the person you want to trust with your eyes.
Take your time, do your homework, read a lot of websites and look at a lot of photos photos should always have a consistent backgroud, facial expression, distance from camera and there should be a minimum of three positions of each photo. You should be able to view a lot of photos and you should be able to speak to former patients.
Expertly performed blepharoplasty on the right person results in a person you looks youngerm brighter and more attractive who appears to have more energy and vitality. Blepharoplasty gone wrong can make a person look older than their years by removing too much fat from the eye area.
Take your time selecting a physician to perform blepharoplsty.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Surgical fees

+4

There is a tendency in the general public to look at surgeries like cars. If you buy a Lexus in Los Angeles or New York, it will be the same car from the same factory engineered by the same engineer.

This is not true for plastic surgery. Plastic surgeons are highly individualized in their approach, their skillset, and their artistic ability.

Surgeons with considerable experience, specialization and reputation will typically have higher fees.

Cost of Blepharoplasty

+3

Free Markets is the answer.

It is because the level of expertise of surgeons is different, geographical location is different.

You have the luxury to shop around. Be careful however. 'What you pay is what you get' does not apply in all the surgical situations. Some surgeons increase their fees once they get busy but that does not necessarily mean they are the best.

Do your home work, consult at least two surgeons and then go with your gut.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

There will always be a wide price range for blepharoplasty surgery

+2

Not all eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty surgery is the same. There are several factors that go into the price for the procedure.

• The plastic surgeon's experience
  • Location of the procedure, office vs. outpatient facility
  • Type of blepharoplasty
  • Estimated length of the procedure
  • The degree of difficulty
  • Additional procedures required for the best result

The best advice that can be given is to choose your plastic surgeon well because you will be looking at his result and your face for a long time. Do not base your choice on cost alone. I know this can be a difficult decision and just because it is more expensive does not mean it is better. I once saw a patient for a procedure and she went for a second consultation for the same procedure and was given a cost that was at lest 50% higher than mine. Instead of think that my price was fair she called and wanted to know what was the other surgeon going to do that I obviously was not doing since his cost was so much higher. So it works both ways. We set our price at a comfortable level and let the patient decide.

Results vary and costs vary in aesthetic surgery

+2

As the other doctors have stated, the costs of cosmetic surgery are entirely up to the doctor. There is no standardization of fees. No 2 surgeons are alike in talent, artistic ability, training, experience, and in patient management skills. The results vary widely and you should go to the best doctor possible. Usually these are at the higher end of the price range.

Variable cost of Blepharoplasty--or any cosmetic procedure

+2

Costs vary for many tangible and intangible factors:

1. Surgeon's experience.Like a good wine, a surgeon's artistry takes time to mature and more experienced surgeons usually have higher fees.

2.Overhead is an important factor.Here in the Bronx,my fees are usually lower than Manhattan or Westchester so that can be passed on to the patient.

3.Degree of difficulty of case . Jane's bleph may be more difficult than Joan's.

4.Are canthoplasties or other lid suspensions involved.?

5.Methods of anesthesia and facility costs.

In the end all these factors go into the decision making mix and must be evaluated with the most important factor. How comfortable are you with the surgeon?

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty Fees

+1

Surgical Fees will vary greatly depending on the area of the country.  However, it can also vary within the same city depending on the expertise of the surgeon, the degree of cost control of the facility, and the use and costs of an anesthesiologist.  I would recommend consulting with 2 - 3 surgeons who have the requisite experience and choose the one that best fits your needs.  Price alone should not be the determinent as if you approach a surgeon correctly they may lower the fees to fit your budget.

Price differences for blepharoplasty

+1

There are several reasons for price differences for blepharoplasty

1. Facility and Anesthesia cost: If I do  a procedure in my office, the surgery center or hospital, each has an increasing cost  for the facility and anesthesia. In my office, the cost is just the materials, The surgery center has a fee that is lower than the hospital

2. Location: I practice in New Jersey so my overhead is lower than practicing on Park Avenue in New York City, thus my prices are lower. Where I trained in Denver, the prices are lower than me by the doctors who trained me. These prices just reflect rent, salaries of staff, cost of living for each area

3. Experience and demand: Some doctors charge more for procedures as time goes on. If they are in demand the price goes up. That being said, some patients go to the highest priced surgeon and since they know this some surgeons inflate their price accordingly. Sort of like if you pay $100,000 for a car, it must be good right? It may not be the case.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty costs vary with the technique, your location, and the demand for your surgeon

+1

Generally the more well known and successful the plastic surgeon the higher the fees for Blepharoplasty. Presumably, but not always, the better known and busier plastic surgeons are that way because they have a reputation for good results.

Some blepharoplasty procedures are more complex, for example, fat grafting takes more time and skill, and may cost more. Lasers are very expensive and can also add to the cost when laser blepharoplasty.

I always recommend that a patient consult at least 2 board certified plastic surgeons who are well known and have a good reputation.

The most important thing for the patient is a good relationaship with the doctor-do you feel comfortable with the doctor. Would you feel comfortable calling the doctor on a night or weekend if you were having trouble.

Finding the best doctor for you should be your primary concern, not the cost of the procedure.

Generally, cut rate plastic surgery is risky. In some cases new inexperienced doctors or doctors who are not board certified plastic surgeons offer very low rates to attract patients.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-eyelid-rejuvenation-laser-blepharoplasty/

The costs of blepharoplasty can vary depending upon your region and the complexity of the procedure

+1

The costs of blepharoplasty can vary depending upon your region and the complexity of the procedure. Typically, the lower eyelid procedure is more expensive than the upper eyelids due to the complexity associated with lower eyelid surgery. Upper eyelids alone can typically be done under local anesthesia only and the lower eyelids often require at least some type of sedation. Prices for upper eyelids vary from 1800 to 2300 and lowers from 2300 to 3000 in general.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.