Can Blepharoplasty Change Shape of Eyes?

I have very small round eyes and want more almond shaped eyes. Is that possible with a blepharoplasty? I've had a blepharoplasty to remove heavy and excess skin but it was so minor. I'm 22. Will a regular plastic surgeon perform this?

BBlepharoplasty CAN be customized to change Eye Shape

+1
There is no one "Blepharoplasty" operation. In the hands of a good Plastic surgeon (IE member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons plasticsurgery.org) it can be an operation which - removes excess eyelid skin - sculpts and removes excess eyelid fat - Shapes the corners of the eye Discuss your goals with your Plastic surgeon and make sure you REALLY want these changes. Once they are accomplished they will not be easily reversible. Dr. Peter Aldea

Blepharoplasty Change Shape of Eyes

+1

Absolutely the eye shape can be changed by doing a blepharoplasty. Be sure you fully understand this concept before seeking this surgery - informed consent. 

22 is very young for a second eyelid surgery.

+1

Dear 8580

Clearly you have an issue.  There are a number of specialities that offer cosmetic eyelid surgery.  However only on specialty is the most qualified to perform secondary eyelid surgery and that is oculoplastic surgery.  This is a surgeon who is a board certified ophthalmologist who has completed a fellowship in oculofacial surgery.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS)  To find a highly qualified ASOPRS surgeon, go to ASOPRS.org.  This website maintains a directory so you can find someone close to you.  You should look for a surgeon who devote a significant part of their practice to repairing prior eyelid surgery.  Can surgery accomplish what you are looking for?  The answer depends on a personal consultation to assess your goals and the current condition of your eyelids.  However there are many options and it is likely that something can be done for you.