Blepharoplasty Asymmetry After 8 Months

Had double eyelid surgery in September 2010. I feel there is a very noticeable difference between my eyes. My surgeon says there might not be much he can do because the difference is so slight he could make it worse than it already is. He and everyone I've asked say that its barely noticeable. When I look in the mirror I see the difference but don't think its horrible, hope they're still healing and end up more similar, but not horrible. But in pictures they look much worse for some reason.

Asian eyelid surgery

+1

my apologies but the photograph appears very small when I click on it. I'm having a difficult time looking at the details of your eyelids. I wish I could be more helpful but with this photograph I cannot give any useful comments.

that being said there is often room for very small modifications to your surgery but you also need to be emotionally prepared for continued asymmetry and in some cases worse asymmetry.it sounds as though plenty of time is past since your surgery so get a few in person consultations.

Chase Lay, MD

Asian eyelid surgery and double eyelid surgery specialist

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

Depending on how much asymmetry exists and the amount of upper eyelid skin that remains, this is something than can be corrected.  We would need close up photos of your eyes / brows for a better evaluation, but this is likely something that can be corrected.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asymmetry after Asian Double Eyelid Surgery

+1

Asymmetry is found in all of us.  Around the eyes, differences are much more noticeable.  This is some of the reason why Asian Blepharoplasty is so difficult. I would really like to see pictures of you and consider an in person or video consult.  There are ways to make the eyes look more symmetric.  You can take out more skin. You can reset the crease at a higher or lower position. You can fat graft one or both of the eyelids or remove fat to make them more symmetric.  You can set the crease more laterally and medially to make things more symmetric.  The options and the process on how you do it can be endless and infinite.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon