I Had Blepharoplasty and Endoscopic Brow Lift, Now Both Brows Drooped Back to the Pre Op Position? (photo)

A few weeks ago, I had blepharoplasty and endoscopic brow lift. Now that the swelling is gone, I can see some improvement in my eyelids, but the brows have drooped back to the pre op position, leaving hooding on my eye lids with droopy brows. Does that happened often? What can cause this? Is it unsuccessful result and what can I do now? :( My PS says it's normal healing process, which doesn't make any sense to me. I would appreciate some input before I see my doctor.

Recurrent Brow Ptosis after Endoscopic Brow Lift

+2

Your photographs definitely show lateral brow ptosis.  One of the limitations of the endoscopic brow lift is the security of the fixation (i.e.-how well it is held up).  Another problem is the fact that sagging of the brow recurs much more frequently with the endoscopic brow lift procedure.  I don't think that normal postoperative swelling is responsible for your appearance and the brow sagging will not improve as any swelling improves.  You will likely need a revision of the brow lift procedure.

Droopy brows after endo-brow

+2

This isn't typical.  The brows should remain elevated.  Certain types of fixation devices, in my experience, are more prone to this in the first few weeks after surgery (specifically endo-tines).  I would find out exactly what technique and fixation device were used and get a second opinion.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endoscopic vs open browlifts

+2

In general, endoscopic browlifts do not last as long as "open" [coronal or hairline] browlifts. I generally quote endoscopic browlifts to last 5-7 years [in my experience], and open browlifts as "once a lifetime" lift.

However, if you do not see a change as compared to you preop photos only a few weeks out, then this is not an ideal result.

Your surgeon may still think there is significant swelling. You should allow for that to settle before making your final evaluation on the success of surgery.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

I Had Blepharoplasty and Endoscopic Brow Lift, Now Both Brows Drooped Back to the Pre Op Position?

+2

I have performed Brow Lifts for 25 years and IMHO, Endoscopic Browlifts are prone to having their suspension methods (screws, threads, sutures or hooks) weaken and dislodge.  Once the suspension has weakened one or both eyebrows will fall in position.  For this reason, I still use Coronal Browlifts.  Facial Plastic Surgeons boarded by The American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Surgery are as well qualified as any surgeon from the Plastic Surgery Board, in this area, as their members well know.  

+2

I agree with you - it does not make sense. Best to obtain in person second opinions. Are you sure your surgeon was a boarded PS????? 

Brow Lift and Eyelid Surgery

+2

Preoperative photos would be needed for a point of reference to judge whether there has been any level of brow correction.  Endoscopic brow lifts are typically anchored to the underlying bone and should not return to the same level in the first few weeks following surgery.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA