I Had Blepharoplasty 23 Days Ago and Am Worried That Something is Wrong.

I had blepharoplasty 23 days ago. From the beginning my left eye was always swollen and sore. I hae been back to my surgeon twice because my vision in my left eye was also blurred. He assured me nothing was wrong. I recently notice that my left eye loos different than the right. The left eye looks smaller (not as open as the right eye) and sunken in in the close to the corner of the eye. It appers that the skin is drawn tight. My soreness in my left eye is getting worse. I look sick.

Is something wrong 23 days after blepharoplasty?

+2

Of course it is impossible to answer this question intelligently without viewing photos of yourself.  But my instinct tells me that you are fine.  I ALWAYS advise my patients that one eye, or one side of the face, will heal at a different rate than the other,  Until the swelling resolves nearly completely, it is very hard to say how one eye or one side will match up against the other.  This usually takes at least several months.  I say RELAX and be PATIENT.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

You may want to get a second opinion.

+1

You may want to wait a few more weeks to see the final results of your surgery.  If you are still concerned after returning a couple of times to the doctor who performed your procedure,  you may consider getting a second opinion.  

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon