Have to Blend Forehead Botox Treatment with Glabella Treatment?

Must you blend forhead botox treatment w/ glabella "frown lines" treatment ? I was thinking of only getting my forhead treated this time around...my frown lines aren't that bad. Will the botox last as long?

Botox is less expensive per area if more than 1 area is done at a time

+2

You can get the forehead and the glab areas done separately but it is less expensive if you do them together. Cost is usually $300-350 for 1 area and $500-600 for 2 areas whether it is botox or dysport and lasts about 3-4 months.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox treatment

+2

Botox at best lasts 4 to 6 months. So if you are going to divide up the treatments the area last treated will be the last to be in need of treatment. Or the first treated will last the longest. Or WHAT THE HECK just do the treatment at the same time. LOL Regards.

Botox for glabella and forehead

+2

No, you certainly don't "have" to have your forehead and glabella lines treated at one time. The reason most people will suggest it, however, is that if you knock out the forehead muscle (frontalis) the glabellar movement may appear compensatorially stronger, accentuating your frown lines. If budget is a concern, you can certainly have your forehead treated first, wait a week or two, and if you are not happy with your frown lines at that point you could have them treated separately.

Dr. Rupani

Reena Rupani, MD

Blending forehead and glabella Botox treatments

+2

Botox weakens muscle contraction which in turn decreases their ability to continually crease the skin in the treated areas. The muscles in the forehead and glabella area are intimitly related and I usually "blend "the injections to achieve an aesthetic unity.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Try, but be careful!

+1

If you want to try to treat the forehead only you need to be with a very experienced injector.  Treating the forehead alone can give you a very heavy brow and flat eyebrows even with some of the most experienced board certified physicians.  Treating the central area between the eyes (the glabella) is what gives you that eyebrow lift.  My advise is to put at least a little in the glabella area, but that being said you can try forehead only and add the glabella in 1-2 weeks if you feel flat or heavy in your eyebrows. 

Jennifer Janiga, MD
Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating forehead lines with Botox

+1

You can certainly treat the forehead lines by themselves and not treat the frown lines. You may still want to put a small dose of Botox into your frown lines as a preventative treatment to prevent needing higher doses there in the future. More and more, we are using Botox not just as a treatment, but as a prevention so that lines/wrinkles don't "etch in" which is much harder to treat.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox only for forehead

+1

Your forehead can be treated on its own, but make sure you see an experienced injector so you do not develop lowering of your eyebrows.  When your frown lines are ready again for treatment, your forehead should be reassessed as well. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for forehead and glabella

+1

The Botox treatment can be performed on any of the three muscle groups on the forehead. It is the patient and the surgeon’s preference as to which groups of muscles are injected. The corrugator muscles are cause the scowling and the frontalis muscles is what causes the horizontal lines on the forehead from raising the eyebrows too much. Each one of those can be done independently or together with Botox and the treatment lasts approximately four to eight months depending upon the individual.

Have to blend forehead botox treatment

+1

Sometimes forehead and glabellar Botox injections should be separated by two weeks depending on the patient anatomy and whether those areas have been treated previously in that patient.

Victor Michalak, MD
Issaquah Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox in glabella and forehead at the same time

+1

While you don't have to have the glabella and the forehead treated with botox together, be aware that the forehead muscle (frontalis) act to lift the brows while the glabella muscles (corrugators and procerus) have an opposing force which pull down the brows. Many people like the subtle "lift" that they get from treating the glabella, especially women as it gives them a more awake, refreshed appearance.

Depending on how extensive the forehead lines are, it can be risky to have them treated only without the glabella as it can drop your forehead and brows making you have a "angry" appearance. I would discuss these issues with your doctor and one way around this can be to have you forehead treated more conservatively and higher up so that it has less potential to drop. Then, if you are happy great, if not you can either have it touched up a bit more or have the glabella treated to counteract any dropping effect in two weeks.

Ritu Saini, MD