Bleeding through my stitches?

I had an implant replacement 3 weeks ago. DR. performed. capsulectomy on rgt.breast because it was ruptured. 2 weeks after surgery he re-opened stitches in his office and drained fluid and from rgt.breast and re- stitched. last night, I was hving dinner and felt wet near my breast. he opened stitches again..flushed with saline. why is this happening? he saidnext time ill have to have explorty surgery to find source. why is this happening. I'm very worried. 3 times in 3 weeks I've been cut..help

Bleeding through my stitches?

+1

It sounds like you need another procedure - or at least that you need to consider that strongly.  While it may be just a local collection of fluid it is also possible that there is some blood within the space around your implant.  In that case, you may require that the implant be removed, have the cavity washed out (irrigated) and, if appropriate, it can then be reinserted.  The online forum is not in a position to make that determination; you should speak with your surgeon about this.  In the absence of a satisfactory resolution, or if you develop fever, chills, sweats or other systemic signs, you may need to move toward a second opinion and/or some assistance in your care.

Sorry about that but I hope that this helps,

Dr. E

Repeat Drainage from Incision after Breast Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.  It sounds like your plastic surgeon is following I is you closely. Of course, his concern is probably that there is an underlying infection preventing normal healing.

If this process continues, it may be necessary to remove the implant altogether for a period of time. Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you in a more precise/meaningful fashion. Continue to follow up closely.

Repeated Fluid Collections after Breast Implant Revision

+1

I would have a low threshold for removing the implants for any signs of infection, and you should be followed closely.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bleeding after breast surgery

+1

it is unclear why you are having these issues. Is it blood or just fluid?  Was the fluid cultured?  Are you having fevers or chills?  Is the breast red?  These are just some of the questions I would have for  you.  Best to follow closely with your surgeon.

Bleeding through my stitches?

+1

Unfortunately, this is highly suggestive of an implant infection, and if I'm correct, the best approach is to remove the implant, leave it out, and replace after a delay of at least three months from the time that the incision is healed. It is quite unlikely that having been exposed the implant has not become contaminated. 

Sorry to hear this story. All the best. 

Bleeding

+1

Diagnosising and treating surgical complications is the responsiblity of your surgeon,  who can only treat the complication if he knows about it!  Go see your surgeon.  Never hesitate to get a second opinion by a  surgeon certified by the Am Bd. of Plastic Surgery.  Long distance internet opinions about a specific acute problem are worth about what you have paid for them!

Harlan Pollock, MD