Is Bleeding a Normal Reaction After Q Switched Laser for a Pigmented Lesion?

I have medium indian skin tone and recently (3 months ago) suffered an abrasion right below my eye from falling. It left a terrible mark (size of a quarter) and I was told it was "carbon tatooing" and that the q-switched laser would be best for it. I had the first procedure today, and there was some bleeding and lots of redness. Is this normal or will it likely scar again?

Bruising from QS laser can occur

Pinpoint bleeding, especially for traumatic or cosmetic tattoos is not uncommon.  Immediately after the treatment for 5-20min the spot will turn white.  This will fade and then turn into something like a mosquito bite which will persist for 1-2 days. 

Depending on the type of QS laser, you may have some bruising. 

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon