Is It Ok to Bleach Nasal Hair? (7 Months Post Open Rhinoplasty)

I had open rhinoplasty 7 months ago. Since then my nasal hair is visible. A couple of moths ago I decided to bleach my nasal hair with Sally Hansen Creme Hair Bleach for Face. I've been very careful using it and don't go deep into my nostrils, just the edges where the hair is visible. Today I was reading online that this is not a good idea and that bleaching hair on nostrils can lead to brain and lung damage. Is this true? Should I stop? I'm really scared now, please help !

Bleaching nasal hair after a rhinoplasty?

+1

I have heard of a lot of treatment options over the past 25 years but this is definitely a new one.   You may want to call the company and ask if they have any experience with bleaching nasal hair.  In the mean time I would consider trimming the nasal hairs.  Is it possible that you have some degree of columellar show and this is causing the exposure of nasal hair.  You may want to consider speaking to your plastic surgeon about this problem.  

Bleaching Nostril Hair Leading to Brain and Lung Damage?

+1

If you are concerned about the bleach, I would trim or pluck the hairs.  7 months after the rhinoplasty, you should be fine doing either.