Would Restylane Work For Blackness in Tear Trough Area? (photo)

I have what seems like thin skin in the tear trough area on the inner most part of the lower lid, which extends a few cm's down the tear trough area. There is also no flesh under the skin there. Would having restylane injections in this area help with the blackness by giving some volume or would it just lift the whole area and remain transparent with the muscle colour reflecting through the skin? Help I constantly look worn out....

Restylane to tear troughs

+1

It's difficult to say whether or not you'd have a great outcome with a dermal filler to your tear troughs. I would suggest meeting with a well-trained and reputable provider to discuss that specific area. Without seeing you in person, it's very hard to determine the best way to improve the volume loss.

Restylane for tear troughs

+1

Restylane can be a very effective treatment for the tear trough area (as can Juvederm). It is hard to say in your case, without seeing you in person, although there would certainly be some degree of benefit.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

I worry about it in this area for you.

+1

Having performed thousands of injections in this area over 9 years of using Restylane, my experience is that most of the time Restylane is more useful UNDER the area you want treated than IN the area you want treated.  Additionally, there are many more problems with treating that area than you might imagine.

Generally speaking, I love the results that Restylane can produce for under the eyes, but if you have little or no 'substance' under the eyes, you are flirting with disaster.  That means that the Restylane might look odd (bluish) or it might be lumpy. 

Also, the MOST important point is that not many injectors have the skill to pull this one off right.  It is exceedingly hard to do it the right way and very easy to mess up, so if you do decide to try it, you better go to someone who is A++++ in their skillset or your next visit will be to have hyaluronidase to reverse it.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Restylane for tear trough

+1

Although I do think that your tear troughs would look better and less dark with a filler like Restylane, I feel that the area of darker skin you have extends pat the tear trough so it might not all get better with the injections.

Julio Garcia, MD

Restylane for under eye circles

+1

Restylane may very well help you.  If you elevate the skin under the eye by pressing on your cheek, you can often see what the area will look like when elevated by filler.  Your doctor should be able to show you this prior to injections.  Restylane works best in patients who have not had prior blepharoplasty with fat removal.  Best to you.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the photo. I would try these injection in a very low amount to see if there is any improvement. If not than other causes to the dark areas must be determine as well as their treatment. Follow up please. 

Lower Eyelid Restylane

+1

Restylane helps lower eyelid darkness by filling a valley where shadows form.  If your darkness has nothing to do with shadows then it will not help.  It is possible that lifting the area may help some just by giving the light something to hit more directly when it is coming from above.  But if your under eye area is purple even when you shine a light directly at it, then that purple will not go away with Restylane.  The only choice for this condition is makeup.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon