Blackheads on Chest (African American Female)

Hello.Im a 17-year old African American female & ive been getting blackheads on my chest for about 2years now.I wash & put acne products on it every night before i go to sleep hoping it can go away but it still hasnt.I dont wear tight shirts & i know that could be the cause of getting pimples on your chest [so ive heard]. If its important, my dad used to have blackheads on his back and it went away on its own as time went by. As a girl i REALLY need to get rid of this problem. SO WHAT CAN I DO?

You may need to see a dermatologist for your acne

+2

Acne is caused by a variety of factors many of which may require prescription strength medication. Topical retinoids are the best currently available treatment for blackheads. See a board-certified dermatologist. We are the experts with respect to the treatment of acne.

Blackheads acne chest

+1

First, you have to make sure these are acne. There are certain growth you can get on your chest that look just like pimples. For this, see you local dermatologist.

If these in fact are acne spots, I recommend a couple things: retinoids (topical cream), a BPO wash (now over the counter) and some times oral antibiotics. Acne surgery also works (but most often isn't covered by your insurance plan).

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Blackheads on the back are best treated with benzoyl peroxide wash every morning

+1

Blackheads on the back are best treated with benzoyl peroxide wash every morning. Additional treatments may include Retin A and salacylic acid solutions.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist