Black Spot, Cheek Hematoma Post Lower Face Lift?

Post lower face lift w/ massive hematoma; tried to get my surgeon to see me regarding the black spot, to no avail. The doc who saw me 4 suture removal told me to come back the next day because my surgeon wasn't in that day, said I needed to have the hematoma evacuated, "immediately". I arrived the next day; my doc said, "looks fine, I'll see you in September", then they staples/sutures dc'd. Now, they won't return my calls. My face in is huge on 1 side& just as swollen as post OP day 4 (PAIN)!

Hematoma after Facelift

+1

Any hematoma after facelift should be evacuated by the plastic surgeon.  I have my own surgery center, and I take them back immediately.

Black spots,cheek hematoma post lower face lift

+1

You need to see  a plastic surgeon. If you have a massive hematoma and can't talk to your doctor you may want to go to the ER. Massive hematoma can result in skin necrosis and infection and it needs to be evacuated. It is an emergency situation. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Hematoma after facelift

+1

I think I answered this previously. I advise you to look up a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and get a second opinion. See the attached link.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Facelift

+1

The operating surgeon has moral and legal obligation to follow his patientsand deal with complications, according to standards of care.

Hematoma after a facelift can be a problem especially if it is large. Small hematomas can defects.

You need to be seen and get another opinion by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)