Black Mole Flat the Size of a Pencil Eraser?

i have a flat black mole on the size of my nose, its about the size of the top of a pencil (the eraser) and i wanted to know the whole process, scaring ect if you would explain it that would be great!

Mole removal

+1

A good option would be to excise the mole.  I would recommend that you see board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment. 

Mole on the side of the nose

+1

This would be best removed with excision. The size would lead to more of a scar through laser excision or liquid nitrogen cold removing techniques.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing moles on the nose

+1

The good news is that typically when I remove scalp moles on the nose I will usually use a "shave excision" method. The mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective to remove moles and leaves a minimal scar. The procedure typically takes less than a minute, and is fairly painless. Moles that are removed in this fashion will rarely recur enough to be bothersome. If they do, they can always be excised and sutured at that time, but this rarely happens. It is also usually covered by insurance. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist for this procedure as plastic surgeons rarely do shave excisions. Because of the black color, it is also very important to have the mole examined microscopically after it is removed. You can follow the video link below to learn more about identifying the changes in moles that are suspicious for skin cancer.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/skin-cancer/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing Flat Black Moles.

+1

The flat black mole can be easily removed with minimal scarring. Saucerization or tangential shaving does remove the mole and heals very nicely when the mole is near the inner eye area. It is just a pinprick of anesthesia and no pain afterwards. The initial depression heals in nicely in 1-2 months and cost is roughly $350 and so worth it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://TheBestLipoDoc.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal via shave excision

+1

Different physicians will do things differently, but I will explain what I would do for this site. I would do what's called a shave excision. First I would inject a very small amount of lidocaine with epinephrine into the site to numb it. This constricts blood flow for a bit and also numbs the area. Then I would take a 15 blade (small scalpel) and shave the site off; this allows the area to be cleared with as minimal amount of removal as possible, but completely take off the mole. (I would most likely send this to a lab for review!) I would not do stitches as that wouldn't be necessary with this site or the type of removal done. You would make sure to clean the site with hydrogen peroxide and water, and keep it moist, to avoid much scarring. I wouldn't expect much scarring but you might have a tiny red mark for a few months as the site heals up. You would need to make sure to sunscreen the area because the newer skin can have a tendency to burn easily.