Black line around side of right nipple. Not sure what it is? (photo)

Hello. I've had my implants for a year and a half now and I've had this line on the side of my right nipple for about 6 months I had it checked out once before from my plastic surgeon and he said not to worry but now it's hurting so I made another appointment to be seen. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thank you.

Pigmentation around areola can occur after an incision for breast implant placement

+1
Thank you for your question.  You need to be examined by your plastic surgeon for a correct diagnosis.  However the areola looks like hyperpigmentation from your photograph.  Hyperpigmentation is common following periareolar mastopexy.

Brown line near nipple.

+1
This looks like a line of pigmentation.  Seems rather straight and uniform for a vein.  Push on it and if it temporarily goes away it is more likely to be a vein.  If it is pigmentation bleaching agents like Hydroquinone may be helpful.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Black line

+1
It's difficult to tell from the photo but this looks like a dilated vein. But the pictures are hard to see. Your best bet it to let your surgeon examine you in proper lighting. If it is a vein it is of no consequence.

Lee E. Corbett, MD