Black Dot on Wisdom Tooth?

Recently after brushing my teeth I noticed little black dot on one of my wisdom teeth. I tried to clean it with my toothbrush but I couldn't remove it even with intensive brushing on the tooth. I take a good care of my teeth. Besides just a couple of weeks ago I had an appointment at my dentist office and everything was fine. Could be a cavity or simply staining. I don't smoke, drink alcohol, coffee, soda or eat sugary food so both options surprise me.

Black Tooth

Diagnodent technology might be helpful to measure the tooth density to distinguish between stain and decay.  Many dentist have this instrument and I find it helpful. 

Atlanta Dentist

Black dot on wisdom tooth

Probably just a stain in a crevice, since you were just at the dentist it is not something I would worry about

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Black Dot on Wisdom Tooth

It's probably nothing to worry about. Might just be a crevice in the tooth with stain embedded in it. Have your dentist or hygienist check it at your next visit.

Black dot on wisdom tooth. Should I be concerned?

It sounds like you probably have a small pit in the enamel which has picked up some stain and usually does not require any treatment. However, if you are concerned I would have your dentist have a look at it  and set your mind at ease.

Edward L. Loev, DMD
San Francisco Dentist