How to Get Rid of Black Dots on Dark Skin?

I am black and have black dots all over my body. They’re not caused by shaving/waxing/ingrown-hairs.They’re flat and the hairs on my body uproot from them. It is an ugly site and has limited my confidence. Hopefully you have a solution to get rid of them. PS. I feel that Im overly hairy especially as a female for I have hair EVERYWHERE on my body + AND ive had these dots since i was a kid.

Dark spots all over tne body

+2

It appears from the picture that these markings may be a normal pigmentary pattern on you. Many people with dark skin have darker skin around the hair follicles especially on the extremities. This finding may also represent a condition called keratosis pilaris--another harmless condition that is challenging to treat.

Dark spots

+2
Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation from ingrown hairs is not easy to treat, in fact laser could make it worse. Lightening creams and peels may help.

Melarase creams in the UK

+1

Correction of dark pigmentation on the skin can be performed with Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/14/melasma-treatment.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.