How to Get Rid of Black Dots on Dark Skin?

I am black and have black dots all over my body. They’re not caused by shaving/waxing/ingrown-hairs.They’re flat and the hairs on my body uproot from them. It is an ugly site and has limited my confidence. Hopefully you have a solution to get rid of them. PS. I feel that Im overly hairy especially as a female for I have hair EVERYWHERE on my body + AND ive had these dots since i was a kid.

Dark spots all over tne body

It appears from the picture that these markings may be a normal pigmentary pattern on you. Many people with dark skin have darker skin around the hair follicles especially on the extremities. This finding may also represent a condition called keratosis pilaris--another harmless condition that is challenging to treat.

853 Broadway 14th Street
New York, NY 10003

Dark spots

Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation from ingrown hairs is not easy to treat, in fact laser could make it worse. Lightening creams and peels may help.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Melarase creams in the UK

Correction of dark pigmentation on the skin can be performed with Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403