Black Really Bad Breast Augmentation Bruising. Is It a Hemotoma? (photo)

I had under the muscle saline implants insision under the crease 6 days ago. I stopped taking my pain meds about 3 or 4 days after the surgery. I sometimes experience some soreness but no real pain. The bruise does not hurt at all and both my breast appear to be about the same size. The bruise looks really bad. Do I have a hemotoma? if so how is it treated? What will happen if I don't get it treated right away? How can I know if it is a hemotoma?

Is this bruise a hematoma?

+1

Technically any bruise can be called a hematoma. However, yours is minimal and quite common. It will resolve spontaneously without the need for a surgical evacuation.

Black Really Bad Breast Augmentation Bruising. Is It a Hemotoma?

+1

Very difficult to respond over the internet in your case. Best to seek IN PERSON examination and treatment. 

Typical Bruising After Breast Augmentation

+1

You have the typical bruising that occurs after breast augmentation. Your pictures show nothing that comes close to resembling a hematoma.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Bruising or hematoma after augmentation

+1

Usually a hematoma will present with a tight and painful breast, not so in your photo. You probably have bruising, though only your surgeon can know by completeing an examination.

+1

Both breasts look pretty even in size. There is a modest amount of bruising, but I see nothing to make me suspect this. A call to your surgeon is the only way to get proper reassurance, though. 

All the best.