I'm Black. Had a 1" Cut 12yrs Ago on the Side of Left Knee. Healed but Grew to a 1.5"x2" Very Black Raised Thick Scar. Options?

Treatment options for hypertrophic scars or keloids

+1
Hypertrophic scars and keloids respond to intralesional injections of Kenalog, a corticosteroid medication that can help decrease the thickness of the scar. The scar itself will not disappear however. Any scar in a highly mobile area like the knee, chest, back, upper arms can become a keloid, a thick, usually pink or purplish firm nodule that is larger than the site of original injury. Another treatment is compression with silicone gel sheeting. I would not recommend any surgical removal or reexcision of the scar because the chances that it will improve the cosmetic appearance in such a mobile place are very small. There are other injectable medications that can help with keloids. You also want to consider the fact that you want to be conservative in this area and not thin or weaken the skin too much as it would then be prone to ruptures.
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon