Bl/ba 1/15/201 Started off with Red Area I Couldnt See Open Spot Because I Still Had Tape, Was Just Itching? (photo)

i had an open spot, had pus and drainage when cleaned and washed, was on friday i called ps sent pics he said looked like yeast in first pic and to start covering it with desitin and a panty liner, saw him monday assured me it was fine. put me on levaquin 750mg daily said continue applying desitin and covering.noticed when i clean it it is also deep the depth of the cotton part of the q tip.i have no more drainage just the greenish exudate.what are your opinions will this close on its own?

Wound after breast surgery

+1

Thanks for your question and photos.  It is quite common to develop a small wound right where you have one.  It is at the junction of 2 incision lines and a small wound can appear.  Close follow up with your surgeon is needed and simple wound care plus antibiotics if you have an implant in place.   This often takes a few weeks to heal but one does need to be certain there is no suture that may be slowing the healing process down.  Good luck.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Bl/ba 1/15/201 Started off with Red Area I Couldnt See Open Spot Because I Still Had Tape, Was Just Itching?

+1

Yes this is very common healing issue at tyne area of maximum tension of the f;laps in a mastopexy. Follow the plan of your surgeon and it will heal. 

Possible Implant Infection

+1

Thank you for your question. Antibiotics and local care would be helpful.  You need to consider the possiblitity of an implant infection. If it does not resolve shortly, implant removal may be required.  Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Wound Healing Issues after Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

+1

Minor wound healing issues at the T- junction after breast augmentation and breast lift are well tolerated and, in the majority of cases, heal in an uneventful manner. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Open area in breast following breast mast/aug.

+1

Thanks for your question.  As long as you are healthy and the implant isn't exposed in any way this will close on its own.  Starting prophylactic antibiotics is very appropriate.  Stay in constant contact with your surgeon until everything is fully healed.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wound issue

+1

A minor wound issue such as you posted is not uncommon and usually goes on to heal with local wound care. Just follow closely with your surgeon.

Wound after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

These types of wound healing problems are not infrequently seen at this exact location after breast lifting or breast reduction surgery. The majority of these incision  line healing problem areas go on to heal without difficulty. Sometimes it may take weeks to do so.

I would suggest continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to evaluate you clinically. Sometimes, removal of a  stitch may help the area heal.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

Red Area

+1

My only question,for your surgeon, is the likelihood that there is a suture at that spot. This probably won't heal until the suture is removed or until it dissolves (months). At you next visit, the surgeon might want to inject a bit of local anesthetic, and look for and remove the suture at that spot.

All the best.