Based on my photo, how much Botox do you think I need in my forehead? (photo)

They look worse in person. Anyway how much do i need?

Amount of Botox

+1
It is difficult to determine how much botox you will need without seeing the wrinkles that you would like to target.  I ask my patients to scrunch up their eyebrows to create glabella wrinkles and raise their eyebrows to determine the extent of horizontal forehead lines - and then determine the quantity.  At my practice we charge by area, not by units.  Common areas to inject Botox include the forehead, crowsfeet and glabella area.  I hope this helps!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Consultations

+1
Botox Cosmetic is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and in the area around the side of the eyes improving the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults.

Determining the amount of units a person needs is based on your muscular movement. When a person comes in for a consultation I have them frown, raise their eyebrows and smile. When they do this I can see how they are using their muscles and then I determine dosage and the injection areas.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist so that they may evaluate your concerns and see if Botox would be appropriate for you. During your consultation you will be informed of how many units you will need for you desired results.

Often times these consultations are complimentary and are the best way to get your questions answered.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

How Many Units of Botox

+1
Thank you for your question. If this is your first time you can start with 15 to 20 units and see if that corrects the undesired animation. You can always go back to get a touch up treatment after 2 weeks if you desire more correction. Your injector will be able to give you the best recommendation as it is difficult to see in the picture.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

How much botox in the forehead

+1
Thanks for your question.
Based on your photos it is difficult to determine how much botox you would need.
You can start with 10 units and if you want more de-activation of those muscle you can have more placed at a later date.
Best Wishes

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Based on my photo, how much BoTox do you think I needing forehead?

+1
Thank you for your question!  It is difficult to determine without an examination as it varies to a degree in terms of your appearance as well as degree if animation and wrinkles. A typical dose is between 20-30 units. Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Proper dosage of Botox to treat horizontal forehead rhytids

+1
As others have mentioned, it's difficult to determine the appropriate dosage of Botox based on one photo in repose - because in the picture you have provided, I don't see any horizontal wrinkles when your face is at rest.  This would necessitate 0 units.  

Botox works to soften dynamic rhytids (wrinkles), meaning the lines that form during your facial expressions.  An in person evaluation, or at least photos of your forehead at rest and with your eyebrows fully raised will allow for a better assessment.    

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1
Based upon the one non animated photo and not doing in person evaluation of the muscle actions in your forehead I would use 0 units!!! Best to be examined FIRST in PERSON 

Botox for the forehead

+1
It is hard to determine the degree to which you would need Botox based on the photo. A lot of would depend on the dynamic appearance of the area.  An actual quantity of Botox would be best determined by someone that could actually examine you.  

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox amount for forehead

+1
You seem a but young and without wrinkles so you might not need Botox at all. However if you need it,  a small amount, spread evenly usually does the trick. Anywhere from 6-10 units total, so a really small amount, would give you a nice relaxation effect without adynamic zones in your forehead: a tell tale sign of bad Botox!!

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox on forehead

+1
It is difficult to say where you need Botox in your forehead from the photo. Photos tend to wash out the lines and wrinkles a bit. Best to be seen in person.