Biting Problems. Am I a Candidate For Invisalign?

I have a tendency to bite anything that's not supposed to put in the mouth - for example, I was wearing whitening trays at night but couldn't stop biting them so hard that my jaw hurts, also it made producing so much saliva that I had to keep swallowing (at the end I was almost just swallowing air). I wonder if invisalign will give me the same problems, making me not a good candidate?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Grinding/Bruxing

+2

You seem to have a sever bruxism (grinding) habit.  You should perhaps have an occlusal guard made by a dentist.  If you have jaw pain you should be evaluated for TMJ.  Get aa couple of consults so you are fully informed.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Biting issues

+1

Anytime we put something in our mouth we get an increase of saliva. With time the saliva drops to a more normal level. The grinding issue is also a habit and can be broken 

Talk with an orthodontist and have a full case work up. Your TMJ and all bite issues will be looked at. The best treatment course will be explained and these other issues can be talked about. Most issues can be over come it depends on your motivation.

Chesterfield Orthodontist