I have a scar on my face by a dog bite when I was 6 years old. What treatment would you recommend? (photo)

I really want this scar gone. When I smile you can see the line and I hate it. The scar itself is not big or that deep, but its there and I really dislike it. Is there anyway that this could be filled in somehow?

Scar therapy

+1
The gold standard for depressed,  pitting and even crater-type acne, chicken pox, and similar indented scars is dermabrasion (not micro-dermabrasion) whereby the skin is sand down with a diamond tip burr to the deeper layers leaving a raw surface for about a week before new smooth skin regenerates. Note, this procedure should only be done by a trained surgeon in an operating room not a nurse nor a technician in a spa setting.
Once your wounds are healing then scar therapy may be considered. Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are considered permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Scar on Cheek

+1
There are various treatments for this type of scar. Filler and/or laser can be tried to improve the apperance.  This is a more conservative approach.  If that didn't work well enough, a scar revision surgery would do very well on this type of scar and is very minimal interms of downtime.  Typically aftewards, a laser treatment will even it out and improve the apperance dramatically.  Seek a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in scar revision.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.