Treatment for Large Birthmark on Legs?

I have I huge birth mark running down both of my legs. It looks like discolored skin though and I would like to get rid of it. Can you tell me what my options are?

Birthmarks on Legs

+2

An evaluation by your physician can determine whether this "birthmark" discoloration is vascular in origin (that is due to blood vessels beneath the skin) or hyperpigmentation (darkened discoloration of the skin). Either way there are various lasers that may be used to treat the area based on the underlying cause as well as your ethnicity. Seek out a physician with experience in laser treatments for various skin problems.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Large birthmark should have in person evaluation

+1

Thank you for your question.  There are various ways to remove birthmarks, depending on its etiology.  For example, a birthmark caused due to a vascular problem needs a completely different treatment than a birthmark such as a mole.  More often than not, vascular birthmarks need to have some form of laser treatment.  They can require more, but a laser is generally a minimum.  Other birthmarks such as a mole, can be excised in the office with relative ease.  The size and location will determine the final outcome.  A photograph always helps but there is no substitute for and in person physical examination.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for the best outcomes.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.