I Have a Birthmark on my Forehead, how Can I Remove It?

This birthmark has been with ever I was born and its really embarassing. How can it be removed? Is it safe to be removed? Will it leave a scar after been removed?

Birthmark on forehead

+1

Thank you for your question.  There are various ways to remove birthmarks, depending on its etiology.  For example, a birthmark caused due to a vascular problem needs a completely different treatment than a birthmark such as a mole.  More often than not, vascular birthmarks need to have some form of laser treatment.  They can require more, but a laser is generally a minimum.  Other birthmarks such as a mole, can be excised in the office with relative ease.  The size and location will determine the final outcome.  A photograph always helps but there is no substitute for and in person physical examination.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for the best outcomes.

Birthmark on the Forehead

+1

You can remove this surgically or by laser.  You are guaranteed it will be completely removed  if you remove it surgically yet it might leave a slight scar.  It may not be completely removed by a laser.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Birthmark removal scarring

+1
The birthmark can be removed by excision and plastic surgical closure. This is entirely safe. It should be sent for surgical pathology to rule out any changes. If you have concerns about the scarring, the excision could be performed in two stages to reduce the length of the resulting scar. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Birthmark removal from DC oculoplastic surgeon

+1

There are different ways to remove the birthmark: surgically and with laser

Surgically, yes there will be a slight scar but it willbe completely gone

With a Laser it may not be completely gone though there will be no scar at all.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon