Birth Control Pill After Explant?

Is it safe to start taking birth control pills again only 10 days after explant surgery? I stopped taking them 2 weeks before surgery. I had the capsules removed and my breasts are still swollen, could the hormones in the pill affect the healing in my breasts and contraction of the skin?

Birth Control Pill After Breast Implant Removal?

+2

Resumption of oral contraceptives at this point should not complicate your healing in any way. As you know, these medications have other potential risks/side effects that you should discuss with your prescribing physician, but from the breast surgery standpoint there should be no contraindication.

Breast implant explant

+2

Birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy increase your and any woman's risk for deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary emboli.

The recommendation is to stop hormonal treatment before surgery for one cycle.

However you should ask your surgeon for his /her routine.