What is Wrong and Where Do I Go from Here? (photo)

I had revision rhinoplasty by the same surgeon 21 months ago. After initial operation I could not breathe through my left nostril at all. It had completely collapsed. I trusted my surgeon to help in which I can now breathe but is slowly deteriorating on the left side again. Since my nose is very wide face on, a piece of cartilage ?? sticks out mid bridge on right side of nose and to be honest it looks a comlete mess. My profile is ok but I am very unhappy and do not really know where to go from here.

What is Wrong and Where Do I Go from Here?

+1

The bump you point out on the right can be improved or removed.    The breathing issue may be the result of several different things and would require an exam.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Unhappy With Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Consider a 2nd opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is highly trained in Rhinoplasty surgery.  Sorry you had a bad experience, but another revision may be necessary to improve your nose.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I've specialized in facial plastic surgery since 1988 and have done a lot of primary and revision rhinoplasties. Over the years the percentage of revision rhinoplasties has increased and become a greater and greater percentage of my overall number of rhinoplasties.  To become good at revision work takes years of experience, the ability to honestly critique your own work over time and some god given talent. I would suggest that you find plastic and/or facial plastic surgeons that have over 20 years of experience and perform a high volume of revision rhinoplasties. Look at photos and interview with at least 3 separate physicians. Go with the one who you feel is the most qualified. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry that you have not had a good experience with your previous rhinoplasty operations. Another revision will be necessary to improve your results. Consult with a surgeon who does specialize in revision rhinoplasty surgery.