What is Wrong? What Should I Do Next? Revision Rhinoplasty 21 Months Ago? (photo)

My initial operation left me being unable to breathe through my left nostril. My nose looks ok from profile but facing on, very wide and a small piece of cartilage??is poking out mid bridge on the right side! Should my nose be this wide after grafts? Initially my nose was slim with a bump. I would be grateful for some advice. Thankyou

That bump can be removed, and your nose might benefit from a profile adjustment, too

+2

I see the areas that you complain of. If you have grafts in the nose, and it is hard cartilage that is causing the bump on the right side and the excess width, it can be predictable to narrow the nose by removing or adjusting the offending graft. You probably also have some scar tissue under the skin that could be trimmed. See the Web reference link for a digital modification of your photo showing the improvements.
I personally think your profile could be made more natural as well. The tip of your nose is projecting forward, beyond the line described by the bridge of your nose. I'd like to see the tip of your nose closer to your face, and the very bottom of the nose tucked up a small amount to decrease the amount of the inside of your nose that is visible from the side view. I made a modification of that view as well. Bringing the tip of the nose back closer to the face is one of the most predictable changes in revision rhinoplasty, in competent hands.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nasal dorsum is weak, ...and the tip is too strong

+1

You need a revision rhinoplasty to augment the dorsum (with a very thin implant) and to pull back the prominent projecting tip. This is not an easy revision rhinoplasty.

Nabil Fanous, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Should I Do Next? Revision Rhinoplasty 21 Months Ago?

+1

From the photos provided, the nose appears to be over-resetced.  Previous cartilage grafts appear to have become displaced or dissolved.  Cartilage grafts would be required to build up the nasal bridge aesthetically while narrowing the nose.  Revision Rhinoplasty would be required.

Nasal Collapse and Breathing Problems

+1

Unfortunately you have some nasal collapse and breathing problems secondary to the previous reduction rhinoplasty. Despite your experience with the revision procedure the placement of cartilage grafts is the best reliable way to improve the appearance and function of your nose. Consult with a revision specialist.  

What is Wrong? What Should I Do Next? Revision Rhinoplasty 21 Months Ago?

+1

If you had spreader grafts placed to improve breathing due to internal nasal valve collapse, this will widen the nose.  The bump you point out on the right can be improved or removed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA