TT, bladder tack and tubal ligation?

I originally wanted to have a TT done at the same time as a bladder tack, hoping to save some money with ins overlap (I know Ins doesn't cover TT, but hope to help with hospital/anesthesia costs). However, now I feel I should also have a tubal ligation to protect my "investment" (I am done with child bearing!) Should I reconsider and have the bladder tack/tubual done together BEFORE a TT? So many questions and no idea how best to approach this with my body and healing...thanks for your advice!!

Multiple surgeries

+2
These are all easy to combine surgeries. It is a nice option because as you say it does help with the overall cost by combining an insurance and self-pay procedure.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with Other Surgery

+2

A tummy tuck is very reasonable with certain other surgery. A bladder tack and tubal ligation could easily be done at the same time as an abdominoplasty.The only challenge is getting the two surgeons to coordinate their schedules. Combining the procedures does, indeed,save recovery time, and may, depending on the hospital or surgery center and anesthesiologist, save some money since there is only one major set-up. DIscuss this with your surgeons.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend to separate them

+2

The best option would be to do the bladder suspension and Tubal ligation first and then do the tummy tuck. This is the safest arrangement.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

TT, bladder tack and tubal ligation?

+2

You might find that less expensive, since the TT could then be done in an outpatient surgicenter. Discuss the combination possibilities with your respective surgeons.

All the best.