Breast Implant Removal Considerations?

I have 340cc silicone-gel implants under muscle for 4 years. I am thinking about removing them for personal reasons. I do not want to replace them. I could wait for a few years to remove them, but I would like to know whether removing implants early can help skin heal faster (etc. recover from sagging, the skin re-tightening). I had very little breast tissue to begin with so I am worried that I would need a lift. My skin doesn't heal scars very well so hopefully no lift.

Implant removal and breasts

+1

Impalnt removal will cause breast deflation. How the breasts will respond in each individual will vary. In most cases the breasts will appear deflated and saggy.

Breast Implant Removal Considerations?

+1

In general, the sooner the implants are removed the better the soft tissues will contract.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Breast Implant Removal and Appearance of Breasts?

+1

The difficult question to answer will be whether or not you will be happy with the results of surgery if/when your breast implants are removed;  ultimately, this will be a very personal decision that only you can make after careful consideration.   
My patients who have  had their breast implants removed have considered issues such as how they  may feel feel with clothes on (and off)  as well as their specific/unique psychosocial situation.   Generally speaking patients who are at a “stable” place personally  and psychosocially  do best with breast implant removal ( without replacement).   

Also, generally speaking,what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

I hope this, and the attached link ( describing patient's experiences with removal of breast implants) helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm

Breast Implant Removal Considerations?

+1

With little native breast tissue, relatively large implants, and 4 years duration of stretched breast tissue, the chances of needing a lift are rather high. The longer they remain in, and the older you get , the less likelihood there is that the skin will recover. 

Your questions can better be answered in the setting of a consultation. All the best. 

Breast implant removal

+1

Breast implant removal may leave the skin strtched and in need of a breast lift.

Younger skin may have retained its elasticity and may retract so no lift is needed. You need an inperson consultation and evaluation of the skin to give you a sound advise.