Is it Okay to Use Biore Nose Strips on my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

my pores are really CLOGGED? ro A I'm 8 months post op but my nose is still very swollen. I don't know will the strips make it worse or not.

Biore Strips on Nose 8 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

You should not have any problems using the Biore strips 8 months after rhinoplasty. We have an aesthetician in our office to treat patients like yourself. If your surgeon does not, I suggest you see a dermatologist.

Rhinoplasty and Biore strips

+1

Dear Brown123,

It should be fine to use them after a rhinoplasty that took place 8 months ago.  If your nose is still swollen, I would see your plastic surgeon again to see what they can do.  It could be extra scar tissue that may respond to steroid injections and most of the healing should be done by now (unless it is a secondary procedure that can take up to a year to heal).

best,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Biore strips after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 8 months post op from a Rhinoplasty, those strips should be OK to use as your skin has adhered to the underlying nasal structures by this time but as always, it's best to get the OK from the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty.

Use of Biopore strips after rhinoplasty, 8 months.

+1

I agree with Dr. Aldea, there is no problem in using the strips now and you will not do any harm to the nose.

Using Biore Nose Strips After a Nose Job

+1

A Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) involves partial to complete separation of the nose skin from the underlying nasal support system. It is best NOT to pull on it until the skin re-adheres to the undelying structures which takes a few weeks. Unless there were complications, it is safe to assume that at 8 months, any surgical fractures are presumably healed and the skin is adherent. Therefore, the use of Biore strips or having a facial should not interfere with the healing.

In your case, the nose should NOT be very swollen this far out and you may want to check with your surgeon before doing anything.