Are Bio Identical Hormone Pellets Contraindicated Prior to Cosmetic Surgery?

I have pellets implanted every 3 mo which has changed my life! I will be having a butt lift w fat grafting/inj. and a medial thigh lift in Feb. I was told to stop pellets 4 mo. min prior to SX and 1mo post. I am not looking forward to the hot flashes, night sweats, lack of energy & focus, lack of libido. Is there any valid research to support this? I will follow all instructions provided by my doctor, but I have time to present other's opinions on this in the meantime. Thank you in advance.

+2

These hormones have the potential to increase the chance of a blood clot. I would stop if possible but sometimes people must remain on these for medical reasons. Your doctor could always consider anticoagulants if you are at risk.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Are Bioidentical Hormone Pellets Contraindicated Prior to Cosmetic Surgery?

+2

Exogenous administration of hormones has been shown to increase the risk of blood clots.   

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA