Is Bio Alcamid Safe for Long Term? Is There Anything Better/Safer?

Hi, I am considering getting Bio Alcamid injected along my jawline and in my chin because I want a more contoured/ defined chin and jaw. I have a bit of a receding chin and would like it more projected but its not bad enough to get a chin implant. I was wondering if it was a good choice to use bio alcamid? Is there a better filler I could use? I just don't want to get those lumps and bumps after a few years from the Bio Alcamid, and is that always the outcome of it? Thanks

No - Please avoid

+1

This is an old question, but I wanted to update some info.

Currently Bio-Alchamid is not available here in Canada due to the complications. This includes complications that can occur after many years.

Here in Ottawa, I've been treating some complications of this and removing Bio-Alchamid due to these problems.

All temporary fillers are much safer, basically anything containing hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, etc).

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing bioalcamid and biopolimero fillers after complications from these permanent injections

+1

Bioalcamid and Biopolimero are frequently used for facial augmentation. In my practice, I exclusively remove these fillers, even after many years, when they begin causing complications such as swelling, pain, discomfort, and redness. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS