Is Bio Alcamid ( Aquamid ) Safe?

I had bio alcamid on my lower cheek 3 years ago and I don't have any problem. Recently i had 1cc juvederm under my eyes and I don't have any problem. When I went to another clinic, the doctor said that bio alcamid have lots of problem, and she refused to inject juvederm. She said juvederm cannot be injected if someone had bio alcamid before, even though if its injected in another area of face. So I'm kinda confused, do you think bio alcamid ( aqua mid ) is safe?

Is Bio Alcamid ( Aquamid ) Safe?

+1

I have seen numerous patients that have had Bio Alcamid injected outside the US asking for removal of the material because it moved, clumped or was disfiguring.  I was able to remove the majority, of the material, from their faces and don't believe that this filler stays put within the facial tissues.  I would not inject another filler in the same area. Don't mess with it.

There have been some very severe inflammatory reactions to Bio-Alcamid

+1

There have been some very severe inflammatory reactions to Bio-Alcamid.

Unless the original treatment records were available, I would not inject another filler into your face.

You could go back to the doctor who treated you with Bio-Alcamid and perhaps that doctor would treat you with Juvéderm®, assuming that the original treatment records were available and that they contained sufficient detail.

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon