How do I measure for a compression garment?

I had gastric bypass 11 years ago, I lost and kept off 115 pounds so I am treating myself to a tummy tuck finally! Do I need to lift my pannus up to properly measure myself for my post surgical garment? They say to use your pre surgery measurements and with the extra skin I have I'm afraid I won't get the right fit? Thanks, Julie

Post abdominoplasty binder measurement

+2
Hi Julie--this is something you shouldn't be worrying about!  I provide the garment to all my patients at no charge. The measurements are extremely variable among companies and you would not believe the differences.  I am always amazed that other surgeons send their patients girdle shopping or bill for this. It's like gong to a fine restaurant and having to bring your own napkin. Best, Dr Kraft

+1
Your surgeon should be able to advice you and his staff will measure you and order it for you.
There are many vendors out there, but i will let my surgeon's staff handle this matter. A good quality garment is a must after this surgery. It impacts your recovery significantly by providing uniform compression. 

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS