Do I Need a Binder and Garment After Vaser?

I had combo of Vaser/Smartlipo on my U/L Abs 10/21. Today was my 1st postop and my surgeon was upset that I was not still wearing my garment, binder and the foam sheet. The post op nurse told me to wear it all for the 1st week, then just wear my comp garment, which I have lived in. I think my results are great so far by he insists I now need to wear them all until swelling is gone. I am wondering if it is worth itsince i am 3.5 wk out. I think my results are great so far. Suggestions?

Follow postop instructions

+2
It is always important o follow your plastic surgeon's instructions and, if they differ from what a post op nurse tells you, the correction protocol should be confirmed. At over three weeks post op, you should be fine but wearing the binder as directed would have been beneficial in terms of reducing swelling to this point.

Vaser Liposuction

+1

If the surgeon tells you to wear the garment, wear the garment. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Compression and Binder after Vaser Liposuction

+1

In most cases, 2 weeks of compression is fine after liposuction. However, it would be best to follow your own plastic surgeon's advise on this.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS