I Have Bimatoprost (Generic Form) and Administration is Putting Drops in Eyes. Is This Correct?

I went the cheaper route by contacting the canada drug program for latisse.They offered generic version bimatoprost,which was concideratly cheaper.It came from India and administration is putting drops in eyes unlike the instruction for latisse. I've used it once like instructions say but afraid to go further. wanting to know how to use with eye dropper bottle, knowing there should be applicaters. Should I discontinue use?

Latisse is applied to eyelashes only

+1

Latisse (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%) is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with product. Latisse is gently applied along the base of the upper eyelashes, and not placed into the eyes as you described. There are no safe "generic" versions of this product, especially from India.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Bimatoprost is for glaucoma!

+1

Please don't buy Latisse like this! Dropping it into the eye is to treat glaucoma - not grow your eyelashes! Years ago Allergan developed Lumigan (which is the glaucoma version of the medication). One of the "side effects" were that patients using Lumigan grew longer, thicker, and darker eyelashes. Allergan underwent significant testing - and redevelopment! - of the product to make Latisse, which contains some of the medication that makes your eyelashes grow longer, thicker, and darker. However, the medications are NOT the same and are NOT interchangeable. So no, do not use bimatoprost (which is what Lumigan is) and drop it in your eye! You will get other problems including discoloration, itchiness, and other problems. Buy real Latisse from a U.S. physician!

Don't put Bimatoprost in your eye unless you have Glaucoma

+1

Your question has a lot of red flags that say you are looking for trouble. First of all Canadian medications are every bit as good as those in the US. The problem is that all kind of dishonest websites call themselves Canadian Pharmacies when they are really from other places. The first hint that there may be a problem is that the medication came from India when you thought you were getting it from Canada. You have no idea if this is a good quality product or something else entirely......and you are going to put it in your eye.

The second issue is using Bimatoprost in your eye rather than on your eyelashes. Bimatoprost in your eye has many more side effects. You are more likely to get eye irritation and you are much more likely to have your iris (colored part of the eye) get permanently darker.

Some people have glaucoma and need Bimatoprost drops to control the problem. For them it is worth the risk of the possible side effects. It is not worth the risk to get longer eyelashes.

Bottom line. Don't take a chance. See a good cosmetic doctor. Get real Latisse, and use it correctly.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Generic Latisse?

+1

Latisse is the only FDA approved drop for eyelash growth for a reason.  There were years of testing performed before FDA approval was gotten.  Please be careful with what you put in or around your eyes.  The difference in price is probably not worth any potential complication that may occur from product from India.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/latisse.htm