Which One Do I Do First Tummy Tuck or Bbl or Should I Do Them at the Same Time?

I am 5' 9" and 135 lbs . 3 years after my c section my lower abdomen has no feeling and i have stretch marks mostly from belly button down my skin isn't very loose .I may not have enough fat for the bbl , and gaining weight is really hard for me . I am naturally a 32 e cup but would like to go up one cup size with high implants to have more cleavage and lift . Would I also schedule this at the same time or in combination with another surgery?

Increased risks with multiple surgeries

+2

There is probably increased risks from multiple surgeries, especially involving abdominoplasty.

The biggest risk is DVT, or blood clots. The abdominoplasty is the highest risk for this. Adding another procedure and increasing the operating time does increase this, even if precautions such as sequential stockings are used.

Adding the length of time increases your likelihood of hospitalization.

Common sense would state is your arms and chest are sore (which you rely on more after an abdominal procedure) and have the tummy tuck too you will have a harder recovery.

Patients want to do both for several reasons. One is cost. The second is time off work. But I find that adding both the recovery time is much more for many people. A small person having a small tummy tuck may do ok. A larger tummy tuck may have too much fluid shifts and more risk.

I find most people who do two procedures would not do them both again. They often dont save money with the potential other problems.

Lastly no one has exact statistics. If the risk of death for elective surgery is 1/150,000 and doing two procedures increases it to 1/10,000 it wont show up most statistical analysis and most surgeons will never see a problem. But it is still 15 times as high and the same risk then as surgery done in 1925.

I would evaluate all the risks and benefits carefully, as well as your recovery schedule.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

This is tough to answer without photos but the fat transfer is probably the one to do first since you will have a lot more fat to suction and transfer and the tummy tuck secondarily will remove all of the excess skin 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Yes both procedures might be done/si ambos procedimientos pueden realizarse

+1

you should have no more of 12 lbs in excess to get both procedures and some more indications to reaalize

si puedes realizar ambos procedimientos si  reunes los requisitos

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck First and Probably Only

+1

At 135 lbs it is hard for me to imagine that you have enough fat for transfer to the buttocks.  It sounds like your abdomen may need the attention so invest in tummy tuck first then go from there.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

You don't need implants

+1

let me start off by saying that if you are 32 E, you need a good lift, not implants to get a good cleavage!

BBL=brazilian butt lift?  if yes than that is the first procedure you should get because if you do a tummy tuck first then you are forever throwing away the fat you could have used for your bbl.  following your bbl you will need to sleep on your stomach and after tummy and breast lift surgery you need to sleep on your back so the bbl cannot be combined with the other procedures

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Combining an abdominoplasty and breast lift surgery

+1

Timing and planning of multiple surgical procedures is a common question and patient concern.  Combining an abdominoplasty and a breast lift with or without a breast implant is not an unusual request.  As long as you are in good physical health and have no overriding medical conditions you should be a good candidate. With this combination the highest priority has to be safety and the prevention of DVT and PE.  

Timing of tummy tuck, BBL and augment

+1
My recommendation (and I do a lot of tummy tucks and augments) is to have the tummy tuck first. This will give you a better sense of proportion. I do not think that, if you are an E cup, going up one cup size will make much of a difference and you may do better with a lift alone. You have already pointed out a potential issue with the BBL, the paucity of fat, so I would hold off on this until the other procedures are completed. It is very easy to recommend multiple procedures because, truthfully, it is good for our pocketbooks as plastic surgeons, but my patients have benefited psychologically from the staged approach.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

At your height and weight for the best result you should consider the Brazilian buttlift first with the breast augmentation.  The tummy tuck can be performed 3 months later to allow for the removal of more skin and a flatter tummy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Which One Do I Do First Tummy Tuck or Bbl

+1

Common question, but a moot one, I suspect, for you. At 5'9" and 135 pounds, it is extremely unlikely that you will have enough fat for grafting. 

As to the TT and breast surgery, they can be done at the same time, particularly in a slender patient. 

Best answer to your questions will come from an examining plastic surgeon. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.