I Had a Bilateral Rhytidectomy W/med. Size Pre-jowl Implant Feb 10, 2010. Still Have Horrible Tightness Underneath It All?

Thank goodness it looks okay from the outside... I felt immediate uncomfortable tightness under chin extending ear-to-ear. Since the surgery, I have had accupuncture, trigger point therapy, an MRI, an EMG, and consultations with various local plastic surgeons. No one seems to know what the problem is... I feel like I have adhesions from the surgery. If I have a sinus headache, like today, it all seems even worse. One plastic surgeon recommended gentle massage to break up scar tissue.

2 Years after Facelift and Tightness

+1

The tightness after facelift should resolve after several months to a year.  Scar bands may be injected with steroids in problematic areas for symptomatic improvement.

Tightness after facelift surgery, implants

+1

Dear Victoria54,

• The good news is that you have nothing serious going on that would be seen on those tests
  • You have ruled out infection, tumors, muscle weaknesses which is great
  • Have you noticed any increased stress or changes in your diet lately? Many people commonly get sinus headaches that are not related to the sinuses, and are more related to stress levels
  • If it is increased scarring, massage and maybe some steroid injections may help

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Tightness following facelift

+1

One of the goals of a facelift is to lift and tighten the skin of the face and neck.  In order for the results to be long lasting, tissues deeper than the skin have to be lifted and tightened.  This will causes a tight feeling in the face and neck which is a sign that the proper tissues were lifted.  This is an uncomfortable feeling after surgery, but the feeling will greatly improve or resolve 6-12 weeks following surgery. However, every patient heals differently, and the tightness may last longer. Massage and exercises that improve the range of motion of your neck will help to improve this tight feeling. I do not recommend these movements unless the patient cannot tolerate the tight feeling because they will loosen the tissues that were tightened for the facelift.   I would recommend speaking with the surgeon who performed your procedure to determine how you may safely ease some of the tightness if it is causing you discomfort.  Thank you and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon